Friday, January 07, 2005

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Home

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Home

I think Microsoft has done an excellent job of handling security. They are a huge target with a complex system with a user base filled with people don't care about security; they just want it to work.

But the application doesn't seem to have any more features than what's already out there. So for those of us who know about the need for security and already have something in place this doesn't offer anything.

In fact, I always have concerns when MS integrates more non-OS functions into my OS. (And for the record, I don't know how far it does). I like the idea of a third party looking out for me.

Update: a good review of Giant AntiSpyware, the product whose aquisition became MS AntiSpyware

No comments: