Monday, January 30, 2006

Galactic Civilization 2 release date

I almost never play computer games. I love playing them but there is always something better to do. Chores, job, kids, wife. Ya know. But I really do like losing myself for a while.

There's a new game coming out at the end of February called Galactic Civilization 2. It's made by a company called Stardock. They are mostly known for thier Windows eye-candy apps but they also make a kick-ass productivity suite (including Multiplicity) and some great games. {If you like politics, take a look at The Political Machine, it's a fun simulation}

The player takes on the role of the leader of a space-faring
civilization and must guide its expansion in a hostile galaxy.
Gamers must balance their economic, technological, diplomatic,
cultural, and military power to forge alliances, fight wars, and ultimately dominate the galaxy.

The game is single-player and allows the player to play randomly generated galactic maps or play through a multi-mission campaign that tells the story of an ancient enemy called the Dread Lords.


I enjoyed playing the first GalCiv and I've been part of the beta for this one. The graphics are great. The stories are fun. I can't wait.



You can see it full screen on google.

No comments: