Monday, March 27, 2006

We are so very blessed

{Update 2007-May-07 : It's been a year. Read the latest post here}

I am having a hard time denying that my family and I are blessed. I deny a active God on a regular basis; a God who acts in our lives; day to day miracles. I've been wrong before and this might be one of those times.

My youngest daughter was burned last week. She pulled a cup of hot chocolate off the counter and onto her face, chest and arm. Her screaming brought the rest of the family into the kitchen at a run. Michelle pulled her shirt off and Susan and I took turns holding her while the other poured water on her.

Our pediatrician, Hyman Penn, saw us right away and the next day we were seen at Texas Children's Hospital by a plastic surgeon.

He walks in to the room, stops, and says, "Wow." You don't here that much from doctors. You hope you never will again.

They say that Miri probably won't have scars. We need to keep her out of the sun. We need to bathe her twice a day. Keep the neosporin on. We go back next Friday to TCH to see what's changed.

The amazing thing is that Miriam has been happy. She's been playing and dancing and singing and being herself [which means she is still an imp and screams when she doesn't get her way].

She hasn't complained or cried as we've cleaned her wounds. She hasn't gotten bored or frustrated. If you ask her she'll tell you her face is messy.

The other thing is she is healing so quickly. Every day she's better. Susan says it's because of all the prayers that have been offered.

I find it hard to deny that there may be something to it. So I pray a little. And I hope God's there. And I find it a little easier to believe that he is.



The day after the burn:


Two days after the burn [Friday], dressed as a Princess :


Day three [Saturday], wearing her favorite "ballerina" slip:


Day four [Sunday](with a new stuffed puppy from the Silvers next door):


Monday, before her morning bath:


Tuesday (with her "Peeps" ballon:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron,

I just saw the comment that you left on my blog. My thoughts and prayers are most definitely with you. I am a praying kind of girl and it sounds like she could use them. Please keep your site updated with information and pictures.

Emily

Anonymous said...

Psalm 37:5 says...Committ everything you do to the Lord.Trust Him,& He will help you.
Prov.163 says..Committ your work to the Lord, & your plans will succeed.Phil.4:6 says...Don't worry about anything;Instead,pray about eberything. Tell God what you need, &thank Him for all he has done.If you do this,you will experience God's peace,which is far more wonderful than human mind can understand.His peace will guard your hearts as you live in Christ Jesus.
My friend God is able & willing -A Faithful God-I decalre in prayer God's Peace & Healing for your daughter. Be bless.
Glenn
abiding_in_jesus@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

aww your daughter is sooo cute! me and my best friend pray that she will get better! =]]

love,

us =]]

Anonymous said...

wow youre little girl is so cute and I pray that she will get better and god will be with you always and you are blessed to have a wonderful daughter

love,
a inocent bistander