Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pandora and OpenPandora

I love liestening to music. It doesn't matter what kind really. I like it all (in moderation).

I dumped a bunch of CDs that I had onto the PC for easy listening at work but most of my music is cassette-based and until I get a Plusdeck I'm not going to listen to them much. I could repurchase all that music but I'm a cheapskate (and have better places to spend my money).

The music on the PC got old fairly quickly so it was time to find something better.

At about the same time a friend made a DesktopX gadget that loaded this new internet radio called Pandora. I thought I'd give it a try. It was perfect; I got the music I liked plus I was introduced to new music that was similar. It became the first thing loaded on my PC every morning.

Unfortunately, due to upgrades I had to abandon DX on Vista. Fortunately, I found the OpenPandora Project. It has all the benefits with none of the issues.

Right now internet radio and Pandora is having issues with possible rate hikes from the RIAA. If you care about internet radio read up at SaveNetRadio.org and write your CongressCritter.

No comments: