Sunday, August 21, 2005

This I Believe on NPR

"Beginning in 1951, radio pioneer Edward R. Murrow asked Americans from all walks of life to write essays about their most fundamental and closely held beliefs. Half a century later, NPR, Atlantic Public Media and This I Believe, Inc. are partnering to recreate 'This I Believe' on the air and online."

I recomposed my "Today is a Good Day" essay for this series put on by NPR. I perused some of the other submissions and it's good to know that there are people out there that believe in things. That's what makes America great.

I wish that the
StoryCorps booth was traveling to Houston. It's neat to see inside other's people's family. I'd like to imagine that the rest of the interview, the part that doesn't make it on the air, is just as poignant to the families involved. I'd like to interview my family about our past. Maybe that's a new project for me in my 33rd year.

No comments: