Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Second Rita post

So I got gas for the van in case we need to bug out. It took four gas stations before I found one with anythnig and I ended up getting the Super. $2.89/gallon.

We would head towards my Mother's in San Antonio. The route would be 290 to 21E to San Marcos and then south on 35 to S. A.

Traffic on 290 is averaging 7.3 MPH right now. Not a fun drive.

Most of the neighbors are staying behind too. We'll bond over chainsaws.

I haven't heard from my sister. She was trying to get a flight out of town but I heard that it is going to be wicked tough.

My friends Owen and Lucie (late from New Orleans) are splitting town too. They are headed for family back in LA. The way storms follow them you have to wonder who they hate there.

So we have water, food, and each other. We need batteries, propane, matches, prayers, and gas for my car. Thank God we have time to prepare.

1 comment:

princess1215 said...

Good Luck getting out of there.. I live in West Texas and there have been many arrivals today coming from all over. God Bless you!